6.6.10

A Capella Stella

Happy Birthday to me! Or rather, to my fabulous blog and my glamourous alter-ego. It's been a fabulous year. And here's to the next one! Over the next week I will reveal some fabulous birthday presents to myself (clue: think shoes, and shirts). 
Just come back from a short stay in the country. The weather was fabulous. So there was a skirt involved. Being the slave to fashion that I am I avidly read in Grazia that A-line buttoned skirts are back, as seen at Stella. She got her groove back. Well, tbh, she never really lost it. 
It's the 90s/70s/home on the range look all over again. And, of course, super-flattering for pears like me. I wore an A-line denim skirt with a white shirt and black blazer to a job interview, then rocked it up with a leather-look biker later. Kind of a modern rockabilly mixed with a yummy mummy. 
Finally it seems to be nice enough for summer denim, and it's a fresher palette than khaki and camel. Maybe I'll try something like this next. 
ADAM and Chloe SS10. You may laugh, but given that this is England, the cape might be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment