23.9.10

The wondrous jacket

And my mood swung rapidly back round when I saw yesterday's Times fashion supplement.
Having recently retweeted a comment that 'the aviator is over, start saving for the studded biker', I was curious to see the jacket that had caused the stir. Given Burberry's recent forte in turning fashion heads I guessed it was one of theirs from the flurry, the model, and the rest of the look. And then my eye settled upon the jacket, a myriad of studs. More studs than you could shake a stick at. Gok Wan must be going into convulsions.
And I remembered why I wanted to be where I wanted to be. In the big city where it all happens. There's probably been a punk in Camden with that many studs on their jacket for years. The whole city is a canvas for the creative.
Oh, and a bit more from LFW - I am constantly astounded by the beauty of Mary Katrantzou's collections.




(All images via Style.com)
NB - The Times' Fashion Matrix also put the students that dress up and hang around Somerset House trying to get spotted as 'going down'. Ha. What a good job that I will only go as a super successful freelancer in the Year That Is Yet To Happen....

2 comments:

  1. Incredibly interesting dresses; especially the first one.

    www.purelovefashionn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we've both posted about Mary K! I think this collection is by far her best yet. The detail and the prints is actually out of this world. And I do find myself agreeing with you about the McQueen comment (tres controversial).

    When you moving to London?????

    Love Jojo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete