14.10.10

Stand tall and mix it up

Since an anonymous commentor told me off for venting online, I'm planning on toning back on the random rants. This is supposed to be a serious blog, not given Andrew Marr some more amo.
But it's fair to say that my last few days have been far from plain sailing.
And when the going gets as tough as it got recently, the tough puts on glad rags. This is my outfit from yesterday, aka the day before it all came crashing into a massive mess. Today was very unispired, but I will be back tomorrow.
You get to see my new pixie cut anyway. There's a line in one of my trashy chick-lits about never mind washing that man out of your hair, cut him out. So mine have been cut, and dyed, out.
This is from Tuesday - my home internet has been decidedly tempramental and my work computer has no USB port, hence lack of outfits, and you know how much I love my outfit posts. I'm determined to get good wear out of these boots, and despite their height they're surprisingly comfortable.

And this is today's - a nice mash-up of my liking of Alexa, Shoreditch style with my rocker, biker aesthetic. Complete with fingerless gloves. And waist belt. I've got so little time I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay thin enough to wear this belt...but we'll see.
So this post has been a long time coming. Between the taking of the first two photos and the third photo, life's been a bit of a rollercoaster. But thanks to some chocolate, a supportive online community, Enimen, Keane and a dear little friend of mine having a laugh with me in a Bethnal Green bar, things are slowly starting to look up.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you looked different... love the new haircut. You look awesome in these photos btw!

    Thank you for sharing your story with me. I'm sorry to hear your ex did what he did. Dick move on his part. I swore off men a few months ago. Since then, I've collected more shoes than necessary. *sigh*

    XOXO,
    Lily

    www.bleedforfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to keep going on about those legs, you know! Super jealous, do an exercise vid so I can share your secret ;-)

    Oh yah, and I've identified myself this time, so you don't think I'm some big pervert :)

    ReplyDelete