7.11.10

Keep remembering

Here dead we lie , because we did not choose
To live and shame the land from which we sprung.

Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
But young men think it is, and we were young.
A E Housman

I was sitting on the tube today on my way to work, and looked up to spot that. Very fitting. I was convinced that today was Remembrance Sunday, until a phonecall to my war veteran grandpa corrected me - it's next Sunday. D'oh.
Doesn't hurt to remember, though.
I was going to try and turn this into some sort of DMC about rememberance and the war dead and what people have given up for us and for me and what we've all fought for this year and other years and how hard we may have fought for so long and whether it was worth it...but I can't.
I'm sorry my posts are getting thinner on the ground, and have stopped being about fashion. I still love it as much as I used to, and I still read all the same blogs, magazines, websites and newspapers. I still have the same opinions and new ideas. It's just harder to try and remember to get them all down. I haven't had much of a chance to look at the resort collections, because I'm too busy applying for jobs, writing press releases and, ironically (or 'amusingly coincidentally') filling my journal with notes, spider diagrams and plans of action.
So I'll go back to my plan. I plan to write a piece inspired by the new issue of Vogue, show off the world's most awesome leather jacket and discuss my obsession with brogues. I'm obsessed with brogues. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment