1.2.11

On the other side

Though I promised that I'd let it go a few posts back, I find myself thinking about it a lot. The thing that happened. Being alone again, by choice, but being made more alone than ever by lighting a match and watching, without control, as everything going up in flames.
The two serious relationships I've ever had have ended badly in their own ways, mostly by my design. I don't think I could ever stop caring for or move on from those people if I hadn't made it impossible for them to ever care for me again, so that's probably why I set fire to the bridges. Doesn't mean I don't look back over the wreckage to try and see how they're doing on the other side. To see who 'won'. That twisted logic that because now we aren't together, we're against each other, and I have to win.

Though, all things considered, I think I'm doing pretty well..

(Inspired by Lily of Bleed for Fashion, who has no fear of putting her feelings out there)
This was basically just an excuse to post some nice music. I'm doing pretty darn well, since you ask.

2 comments:

  1. I'm having a valentine's giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out. xx
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I hate when people leave comments like that.

    ANYWAY. Thanks for dedicating this post to me, love. "That twisted logic that because now we aren't together, we're against each other, and I have to win." I can completely relate. Relationships are fucked up. Glad to read you're still doing well, though!

    XOXO,
    Lily

    www.bleedforfashion.com

    ReplyDelete