4.7.11

Independence Day

So yeah, on the day that celebrates the rise and establishment of a great democracy, not only did some gutsy US individuals demonstrate their incredible right to free speech, and to manipulating the free speech of others, by hacking Fox News' Twitter account, but also the collective reputation of the British media at large is hanging in tatters. The media whose job it was once to bust corruption in the corridors of power is now finding itself busted. 
Is this the end? Never. Someone will always find new and disgusting ways to get a story, and to make money. 
Stay independent. Stay safe. Stay aware.
Incidentally, on the same day I wore this outfit my dad turned up to an event wearing a lime green suit jacket and stone-coloured chinos. Said event, he quickly learned, was actually black tie. It's not just me that likes to mess with the mould.

4 comments:

  1. I love the red hair paired with this green skirt. Nice outfit. Thanks for sharing the photos and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! :)
    If you want, follow me and I'll follow you back. :))

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seconded on the red + green. Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove the pop of colour!


    Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete