9.12.11

Generally rad things

This week has been about generally rad, rock and hardcore things.
Number One - blackberry lips. Stylist allowed Nigella Lawson to guest-edit an issue, and while the majority of the written content was Nigella and cohorts waxing orgasmic about steak and caramel, the beauty shoot, naturally inspired by edible things, exposed me to yet another stunning piece of brilliance from the Stylist beauty team (I'm 99% sure that their beauty features rung rings round pretty much every other magazine out there).
Phwoar. Yummy. Blackberry lip for the win (the printed photo is actually a lot darker and looks, in my opinion, much more appetising). The lipstick and gloss used to create the look are both by MAC, and being the obsessive lipstick fan that I am I hot-footed it to Selfridges to grab the kit. 
And then I got to encounter Number Two - Gareth Pugh for MAC. 

One of my favourite designers (angular, structural, dark, Gothic and Byronic) combined with my second-favourite make-up line? (Sorry guys - Illamasqua's bases are streets ahead) I WAS IN. 
Sadly the collection is relatively modest, with only two colours of each product. I might be buying the oilslick nail varnish to match my beloved oilslick Gucci tote bag, but by and large I'll just be pawing the packaging. Great collaboration though, and in a world heavy with them, it seemed like a natural pairing and a great output. 
Talking of collaborations...I went to the cinema last night and easily the best part of the whole trip was seeing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trailer on a big screen. I'll admit, when I first got wind of this remake, I did the standard 'all Hollywood remakes are shite' inner monologue that my mum trots out all the time, but the more the names started to leap out at me (Fincher, Mara) the more intrigued I became. And the names that got me REALLY excited? Trent Reznor and Karen O, covering 'Immigrant Song' for the film and its trailer. Reznor has also composed the soundtrack. And if The Social Network is anything to go by, soundtrack geeks like me are in for a treat. 
Go this way to watch an eight-minute clip (read 'really long trailer') for the film. Consider my appetite whetted.  
This has been your weekly dispatch of rad. Enjoy. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Stunning!! You motivated me to look through Stylist mag online and find out the colors used in that photo! Running to MAC this afternoon to get them AND some Gareth Pugh!! You rock, Red!

    ReplyDelete