23.9.12

My go-tos for AW 2012


Why do designers make outfits that are completely see-through and put them on the catwalk anyway? Wouldn't it make way more sense to show how a modest woman might actually wear something like this than to just put on there for us to marvel at the nice prints over a naked model's body? Put a flesh-coloured lining in there or something.


But I digress. Aside from this, I'm actually a huge fan of Christopher Kane's AW 2012 collection - beautifully cut, incredibly wearable (sheer dresses notwithstanding) and with the right balance of party-friendly jewel notes and dramatic cuts to suit my tastes.


My particular favourites here - electric blue is always a good choice with black and has the advantage, like black, of working with either gold or silver jewellery. I happen to have a vintage pencil skirt in this exact shade (INCLUDING metallic sheen) so I'll be able to channel this nicely. And maybe I'll pick up a leather peplum top to complement it.
Alternatively, I'll opt for something a tad more dramatic - dark drapery as epitomised by Ann Demeulemeester. 
 
Though I'll leave the hair to Rooney Mara. 

(All images via Vogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment