17.10.12

And now for something completely different...

I've never been a huge fan of Alexa Chung, but by golly that girl wears clothes well. Her two ELLE UK covers and shoots perfectly encapsulate her demure yet sweetly sexy girl-boy style. Sort of the British equivalent of the manic pixie dream girl. Where the US has Summer Finn, we have Anna Gardiner (the protagonist in Like Crazy, who loves Paul Simon, writes poetry and wears vintage). And Alexa is the tribe's queen. 
(Alexa Chung for ELLE UK November 2011 and March 2012)
So when I spotted this ASOS dress that combines the simple androgynous cool of the first look and the elaborate collar of the second, I jumped at it. 
And while I don't have Alexa's terrifyingly skinny legs on enviably flat stomach, I think it works well with a cute little bob haircut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment