29.1.13

SAG Awards - the best dressed

I didn't bother with my usual outfit dissection post for the Golden Globes because (aside from Michelle Dockery, who was a vision in McQueen and Anne Hathaway who as well as being a shoe-in for every Best Supporting Actress nod going is a seriously good dresser these days) they were a snorefest. 
But a few absolute jaw-droppers at Screen Actors Guild awards actually warranted a post. 
I'm not generally a fan of Marion Cotillard's style but I love this Christian Dior number (she suits the brand so well, which is a good job as she's the face of it). Plus I adore that colour.
I'm really feeling navy blue in red carpet gowns, and while Jennifer Lawrence has been scoring more misses than hits on the red carpet at the moment in my eyes (and I love love LOVE this girl) I am so happy to be proven wrong. This (Dior Couture) lovely dress (which contrary to popular opinion did not rip) is chic and flattering. And a down-do is my preferred look for her hair.
Not many actresses would cut their hair for a movie role, and even fewer would have their hair hacked off on camera. Natalie Portman cried in V for Vendetta and Anne Hathaway sobbed in Les Miserables, but she's a lucky girl who can pull this off. The dress is Giambattisa Valli and I hope she sticks to monochrome for a while longer.
While I'm a bit weirded out by the strange harlequin detail on the slit, I love Claire Danes' little Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci-clad walk on the wild side.
And I LOVE Elisabeth Moss' little twist of sophistication in Dolce and Gabanna, though I wish this scraped-back up-do would die a death. 
Ok, except this one. Seriously, I loathe January Jones' on-screen incarnations but off-screen, on the red carpet, I am in awe of her. The coolest name in the casting books (seriously, 'January Jones'? Beyond cool) and a vision in Prabal Gurung. In my next life, I want to be her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment