22.2.15

And Other Animals

Bundling these two together as we're back-dating quite considerably here on the blog and I still have a whole lot of wardrobe to get through!

I had a leopard-print-fest a week or so ago and even managed to throw some other prints into the mix (including my much-loved pair of Kat Maconie Stella boots which I'll have to do a close-up of some time)...


(Jacket, top and skirt: Topshop; Necklace and ring: Thomas Sabo; Watch: Michael Kors)



(Boots: Kat Maconie)

The first week I got this skirt I wore it so many times in one week that people started pointing it out. But it was such a good buy (though, pro-tip, if you've got my shape buy the Topshop Tall version; less riding up and less risque when you sit down) that I couldn't not. I have a horrible habit of buying clothes and saving them for the elusive 'special occasion' (which, considering I rarely go to parties, posh events or even out on a Saturday night is completely illogical), which is something I am going to stop doing. Every day should be a special enough occasion!


(Coat: ASOS; Dress: Topshop; Necklace: Thomas Sabo; Boots: London Rebel at ASOS)

The massive advantage of print is it takes so little effort; if you want to stand out but don't have time to put together 'a full outfit', as it were, then one print dress is all you need. I went print-mad in Topshop as you can clearly tell and grabbed this one from their sale selection at the end of January. Fickle as I am, I'm hoping my print obsession continues into the warmer months, as this dress is so light as to be perfect with sandals. Now all I need is a leopard-print bag, and thanks to the beautiful Amy at The Little Magpie  I think it might just have to be this one...


And definitely with more relaxed makeup come spring, although despite my blanket hated for the '90s in general their obsession with brown makeup shades is right up my street. Definitely need to do a makeup post...

No comments:

Post a Comment