30.4.15

Best Basics


(Jacket: Shrimps; Top and dress: Topshop; Belt: old; Bag: Sophie Hulme; Shoes: M&S; Watch: Michael Kors)
One time when I wore this Shrimps (yes, it was worth) I busted out of the red blue and yellow comfort zone, so now I can go right back into it! Though I'm looking forward to the warmer weather to ditch the tights and roll up the sleeves, I'm enjoying the excuses to wear this gorgeous jacket (and my expanding collection of jackets) day in, day out!

As well as jackets, there's a lot of denim in my wardrobe at the moment and it's mostly down to Topshop - despite the many issues with the way they size (which as my body has changed in recent months through switching my regular fitness routine to being about building muscle is now more frustrating than usual), my pet peeve being that they don't believe women with short legs and long torsos exist and constantly result in my dresses and skirts from there having to be pulled down or sized up to protect modesty and fend off drunks on public transport, I can't deny that their seasonal collections are consistently on-point. 

And their basics are also an untapped gem - I still have t-shirts from them from years ago, sleeveless tops so overwashed they're gone bobbly, and this white ribbed funnel neck top in three colours (and two in white). If you find a good Topshop basic you like, buy it in every colour. 

In the words of the flawless Jennifer Lawrence, 'Oh my God this dress has POCKETS!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment