11.5.15

All American


 (Jacket, top and skirt: Topshop; Bag and watch: Michael Kors; Sunglasses: & other stories; Trainers: Nike)

Remember when I mentioned that my Shrimps jacket (ok, jackets) were a present to myself upon getting a promotion? This is my 'first job jacket'. I bought it from Topshop in January 2011, just as I got confirmation that my internship was turning into the promised job that I'd hoped for, that would enable me to stay in the city of my dreams and would of course set me on the path to a career. Having rent money was good, but commemorating the occasion was essential. And so, the jacket was mine. 

Years later, fringing has come back firmly into fashion, so out it's come again for a summer of '70s style and to remind me of how far I've come since then and how much further there is to go. There are exciting developments on the horizon, that will require something more than a jacket to commemorate...


No comments:

Post a Comment