7.5.15

Red Suit


(Dress and trousers: Cos; Jacket: Primark; Shoes: New Look; Bag: Sophie Hulme; Watch: Michael Kors)

Hats off to the visual merchandiser at Cos who enticed me in with this window display. I've wanted a block colour 'suit' for ages and while not a suit and not quite matching up, these two will do nicely. And a longline shirt dress is way more forgiving than a blazer - wrong length can be oh-so-wrong. 


Red and black - as Les Miserables know - do tend to go well together. In this case one of my best buys last summer and the hot budget shoe to be seen in at the moment. The bloggersphere (I hate that word almost as much as I hate the phrases 'real woman' and 'strong female character' but it is the word for it) is alight with these Aquazzura-like lace-up pointed ballet flats with a block gold heel that cost less than a weekly travel card. I initially planned to avoid the fad but upon spotting them in my size and experimentally slipping them on...I was sold. Get thee to New Look for yours now!

No comments:

Post a Comment