8.6.15

Green Place


(Coat: Zara; Top: Petit Bateau; Trousers: ASOS; Trainers: Nike; Watch: Michael Kors; Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs)

I can never leave the house without at least some sense of coordination going on - green coat and trousers, red white and blue in shoes and top. It just makes me feel a little more put together. 

One of the things that is crucial to me when putting an outfit like this together (not particularly smart but not particularly casual) is some element of being able to do things in it - dash off at a moment's notice, survive in any scenario. I'm often happiest when I've got comfy sturdy shoes on, a good jacket to keep out the wind and the rest just falls into place. Clothes for going on adventures, which for me are only about as adventurous as a long walk in the woods somewhere. While I wouldn't go as far as to cry 'FOMO' and while I'm perfectly content with my routine and my life, sometimes I do just want to drop it all, take a train to the furthest reach of civilisation and disappear, Christopher McCandless-style, into the wild. Though with a different ending to his, mind you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment