29.6.15

Home on the Range


(Dungarees: Topshop; Shirt: Zara; Shoes: M&S; Bag: Baia; Watch: Michael Kors)

There's no denying that this season's denim-heavy, '70s-drenched love of comfy items like these dungarees is a fine fashion line to tread. Play it one way and you end up with your boyfriend asking you 'why are you dressed like a character from Of Mice and Men'? I was wearing my orange and turquoise leopard-print shirt with these at the time but the effect was similar. So you have to accessorise these just right. Be it with a white t-shirt and Converse or slightly more night-out-appropriate with a crop top and heels (or with a loose print shirt and suitably dressy heels), I'm now a full dungarees convert. Comfortable and with style credentials? Sign me up (for another pair, in darker denim, perfect for next season).  I'd been looking for the right pair for a while - right length, right wash - and then one afternoon this pair literally strolled into my life...as they were being worn by someone else! Never shy of asking total strangers questions (which is how I found my brown Zara two-piece), I eagerly asked her where she got it, and thankfully she obliged and confirmed that it was new season! Happy days. 


Plus with the ponyskin shoes and bag and the unicorns on my shirt I feel I've got the whole 'ranch hand does fashion' thing down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment