28.9.15

Understated Trendy


(Dress and coat: Zara; Belt: from Primark top; Boots: Topshop; Bag: Moss in Camden Passage; Watch: Michael Kors)

The thing I like about this dress (well, of many things) is that it translates perfectly from rain to shine. On dreary days its muted colour palette blends in while pepping things up a tad, while on sunny ones it offsets the glare. Zara's good like this; understated items that transcend simple trends but always manage to be on them. You don't feel like a gimmick or look like a novelty in their more on-trend clothes. 


I've never understood the furore around wearing coats and skirts and the clashing lengths that ensue. I mean, I like doing a Cake (who sing 'I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnnng jacket) as much as the next girl, but I've never gone out to buy a coat and agonised about what length it will be compared to the skirts and dresses I own. Is that a thing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment