3.10.15

Strange Places and Old Homes


(Coat: Zara; Top, skirt and boots: Topshop; Belt and bag: ASOS; Watch: Michael Kors; Ring: Tessa Metcalfe)

You can tell when I've taken an outfit photo on a Saturday because I get this excellent light. There's no saturation effect on these photos; that's just what happens at this time of day! Does wonders for throwing up the rich red tones in outfits. 


I went back up to Islington (my old stomping ground and home) in this to pick up the final pieces I'd left in the old house and leave my keys behind. It was decidedly weird being back on Upper Street - a place I used to walk up and down pretty much every day - and exploring the little shops and cafes along Camden Passage again. It hadn't changed...but I felt like it wasn't my home any more. Which it isn't, of course. So familiar, and yet so not where I'm meant to be any more. 

I'm writing to the ducet tones of the upstairs neighbours' kids crashing about and somewhere many floors up is the sound of an aggressive bassline. It's a quiet neighbourhood but nobody in the block seems to do quiet Sundays. It's a strange place; big noisy families and dodgy drains, kids playing hide-and-seek on the estate while the paint peels off the walls in the hallways. It needs work, but it's clearly a home for much love. And I'm hoping I settle in fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment