4.4.16

That Was The Week That Was Part 1 - Simply Red


Yep we're staying with this way or doing things for a while - and I've now realised quite how much red I wear! Red lipsticks, red trousers, red skirts, red lipsticks, red stripes...it's just too good! Happy to have it as one of my many trademarks. 


(Jacket: Boohoo; Trousers: Zara; Top: Monki; Trainers: Adidas; Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs)

If only all Zara trousers were cut like this. Screw it; if only ALL high street trousers were like this! No more of the horror that is 'skinny cigarette' cut aka the Kryptonite for long-torsoed women. But I digress. The perfect trousers, basically - bright and comfortable and with a side-zip and POCKETS. Chuck on last year's hero fringed jacket and you're good to go, I say. 


(Jumper and skirt: Topshop; coat and shoes: Zara; Bag: Alexander Wang; Belt: old; Jewellery: Thomas Sabo)

SO I have this skirt in tooooo many colours but I do think the red one may just pip the green to the post as the best of the bunch. It just goes with everything, makes me feel great and makes me feel like me. As the spring days getting warmer I'm running out of time to wear coats as nice chic top layers, so I'll use this one to say a fond farewell to the Eva Green awesomeness of this coat. It's three years old but it continues to stand the test of time. 


(Jumper: Urban Outfitters; Skirt: Topshop; Trainers: Adidas; Bag: Alexander Wang; Belt: old; Jewellery: John Lewis)

I'm sure we'll have another month of jumpers left (just fewer coats) and I'm glad because I love love LOVE this one. I could never do the 'classic' grey jumper that seems to be the thing that the more traditional polished fashion bloggers do, but I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment