18.5.16

Summer Dress Dreams

Ahhhhh summertime. When dressing becomes easier as the statement dresses start to emerge on the high street. Case in point - these two. Both spotted via fashion magazines, both sold out in my size constantly, both requiring a lightning-quick pounce to get my hands on and both totally worth it. 


(Dress: Warehouse; Top: Topshop; Trainers: Zara; Belt: old; Watch: Michael Kors; Bag: Cambridge Satchel Company) 

This Warehouse dress popped up in a Style shoot and has apparently also made the Telegraph. I foolishly waited on it and then discovered it was out in my size, but after a few fruitless shop visits and then a few page refreshes the fashion gods smiled upon me. I got it a size bigger than I normally would - sizing pencil cuts is always risky - so it's a bit loose at the top but as a result it's easy to fit things underneath it. With a stripey polo shirt in autumn, for example. Or with nothing on a hot day...
 

(Dress, belt, watch and bag: as before; Trainers: Nike)

As I was saying. 


(Dress: ASOS: Trainers: Zara; Belt: old; Bag: Cambridge Satchel Company; Watch: Michael Kors; Jewellery: Thomas Sabo)

Another one I had to wait for - appeared on one of ELLE's street-style pages a few months ago and it's remained resolutely in stock for months then snuck out in my size when I actually wanted to buy it! But patience was on my side and eventually it was mine! Shout-out to the side splits which make it easier to walk and keep one ventilated in the heatwaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment